Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Trust me, we had fun



I can't believe how reticent (code for lame) I have been about recording our life and adventures this summer.  My kids are sure to look back at this as proof to the complaint that we never do anything fun.  Our laptop is down and I have no way of moving photos from my camera to the blog.  In our world of technology it is feast or famine, like having magical powers when the cogs are all cooperating, and like being totally paralyzed when they don't.  

There has also been heavy stuff happening.  The kind of stuff that makes grey hair and wrinkles and causes sleepless nights of worry.  Its nothing that a million other families haven't gone through, but I don't live with those families.  I live here, and some days it seems like the lunatics are running the assylum, if you know what I mean.  We are getting by, but I sure wouldn't mind a peek in a crystal ball once in a while. 

I guess that is partly why I haven't been posting much.  There is a feeling that I have run out of things to say.  I've never thought of myself as an Ann Landers, but I do like to leave a trail of stones as I bumble along through life with the altruistic hope that somebody might be glad to have found them as they journey along the  same pathway through the parenting woods later on.  Feels like I'm only dropping bread crumbs these days.

In the evening hours between 9pm and 1am I'm making pottery, jewelry and paintings. It has been delicious to create objects that are not on contract or out of some obligation.  I guess it would be like the difference between shopping for air conditioner parts and shopping for shoes.  I'm not even sure what I want to make, but I'm having fun.

I made my big annual bead purchases at the Gem Faire, and while last year I was attracted to a lot of crystal beads, this year it was stone beads.  I'm making lots of new ceramic objects, and even dabbling in buttons for a project Ruth is working on for my up coming open studio Christmas sale.  

I hope to resolve my computer mess soon so I can post more.  In the mean time, in case this is one of my children reading this post twenty years from now, we had fun this summer.  Lots and lots of fun.  You'll just have to take my word for it!




No comments: