Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rockin' It at the Beach - A Family Photo Album


We had the awesome opportunity a few weeks ago to visit my brother Zack and his family at their new beach-town home, to attend their son Arron's baptism.  Zack lives 5 hours away (5 1/3 if you miss your turn, thus causing you to miss the baptism as well.  Oh, well, we got there for the closing prayer!).

Besides being my sister-in-law, Julean was my favorite missionary companion in Costa Rica.  She jokes when I am introduced as Zack's sister, saying "She was mine first!"  I like to think that my mission call to that far away tropical land had something to do with bringing the two of them together, but I know, of course, that God didn't need my help.

Aaron is a sweet little guy, and I still can't believe he's 8.  Zack and the family had moved across the country for several years, and so Aaron became suspended in my mind at about age 3.  We are so glad to have them back!  5 hours is peanuts compared to 2,700 miles!  Heck, it's like we're next door neighbors!


Zack loves the ocean, so after church on Sunday we ate a lovely lunch and then drove to the beach.  Since Sundays are our Sabbath, we don't engage in typical recreation on those days.  The kids understood we wouldn't be swimming or playing ball, but we enjoyed a relaxed rest on the sand looking for cool rocks and beach glass.


Uncle Zack has stories galore, and knows everything about everything when it comes to animals, rocks, and, well... everything.


A family that blinks together, stays together!  (I can't prove it, but I am pretty sure that Noah is blinking behind those shades!)


Guy created an installation art piece.  
He calls it "Rocks on the Rocks".  


This kid cracks me up.  
I think Jason is the Ellie (read "clown") of their family.


No wonder they chose to hang out together.


He can't read, but he did stay off the fence. 
 Love the forced smile. 
 Hey, these days I'll take what I can get from him.


Mmmmmm....


Love these two.


Honey I shrunk the Nephew!

Zack was trying to demonstrate "Horses in a field" with Julean, wherein two horses stand nearly touching, necks crossing, and somewhat oblivious to each other.  She couldn't stop laughing long enough to join him.  I was busy trying not to piddle myself.  I love seeing how much fun these two have together.


I wonder why on earth they would want to come back here to California....?


Ta-da! 
 That was it.  The end. 
 Fun over...till next time!

(The salmon start running here in Sacramento in July, Zack!)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

So much relaxing fun