Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Inquisition



Nano-bot, as she has come to be called, decided to converse for the first time today.

"Blagoboh dah blop bop, Na?!" she queried pointing to Jonah, who was hustling out the door, van keys in hand.

"He's going to get his toy out of the van." I smiled, amused that I could totally tell what she meant, even though her only semi-intelligable word was "Na", her name for Jonah as of yesterday.

"Why?" she asked in an adorably high pitched voice.

Oh boy, here we go.

"Because he left his toy out there."

"Why?"

"Because he was being lazy.  He didn't want to pick up his toy when I told him to,"  I replied, giving far too much detail, knowing she didn't really understand.

"Whyyyy?" She earnestly inquired, adding a little lilt at the end in very Tessa-esque tones.

"That's a good question.  I really don't know why."

"Oh."  She stated flatly, and turned and walked away.

I am pretty sure that she was actually saying, Wow, I'm very disappointed in him. I just want you to know I'm never going to act like that.

She gets me.



No comments: