Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A negative

 
 
There is so much happening, and I promise when I am able to think more clearly, and stay awake for more than 5 seconds I will begin writing out
all that has taken place this week,
but I realized that while I had posted on Facebook that baby Natalie is well,
I didn't explain here that she is home and did not need to spend a week in the NICU. 
In fact, we had a sweet miracle that we still don't quite understand. 
 
After Natalie was placed in the NICU, several standard tests were run.  In a few hours it was discovered that Natalie has the same blood type as I do.
The A part,
the negative part
and the dangerous antigen part...
which means that
somehow, though we don't understand it,
she was safe inside me.
 
We still don't understand why my titers we rising, and we are trying to find someone who can explain it to us, but in the mean time, we are just so grateful. 
That we got to hold her and have her after just 10 hours in the NICU
instead of 4 days or a week or more...
 
And we were able to bring her home with us after just four days.
She is such a joy.
 
 
 
Natalie, hours after birth

 
The man who is getting me through


First kiss.

1 comment:

E. Phantzi said...

Wow! What a beauty! Thankful to know she is doing so well!