Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Maybe Baby


"Could beeeeeeee
Who knoooooooows...."
 
I'm singing the song from Westside Story. 
I don't know all the words, so I just smile and sing what I know and fill in the blanks
 with "da-da-da-da! da da da da! DA DA!!!!"
 
We have a date.  Maybe.
Well, the hospital has a date.
They say (ahem!) "Attention world!  The Holman baby will be born on FRIDAY!"
 
I might have a different date. 
 I have been contracting very nicely for 3 days.  I was up about every half hour last night enjoying  lovely belly crunchers.  Other signs (that I will spare you) are present.  I'm thinking this could happen tonight or tomorrow, and am hoping so.
 
But if it doesn't, it's nice that there is a backup (she says sarcastically).I know my body could do this on its own, but I also know things are different now,
 so I am going to keep a sense of humor about it. 
I am in no hurry to get this baby out and put it in the NICU, but we will get through it.
 
So just in case, we decided to have our Welcome Baby party tonight. 
 We made a poster that says,
 "Welcome to our family, Baby!:
and 
 "It's a Boy!" and "It's a Girl!" signs
 to hang in the tree out front with a pink or blue bow to let the neighbors know our happy news.
I have spent the day snuggling Jonah (we call the seat beside me the "spider Man Spot" and that makes him come running to park in with mom for a while). 
He won't be my baby anymore.
 
I have made calls and sent emails. We're all packed.
 I think we are ready to go.
 
Oh, and we will have cake. 
Cause what's a Welcome Baby party without cake?
 
Come on baby!  Bring it on!!!  We're ready for you!!!
 
 



1 comment:

Jackie said...

I can't wait!!! Good luck! You'll do wonderfully.