Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Endings

Soccer season 
is officially 
over.
 (am I allowed to say yay?)

Yay.

We spent our last game day in a blustery rain with wind so strong it turned umbrellas inside out.  We bundled against each other and cheered for out team, but secretly I was glad for a tied game.  I hate the thought of any boy going home after the last game of the season with his head hung low from a loss.  We dripped and froze our way through it, and I tucked blankets around little girls and "nuggowed" (snuggled) with frosty cheeked Jonah-boy.  We were miserable and happy and cheerful all at once.  
It was funny.

Adam played great.  I am proud of him.  He is strong, determined, smart, and friendly.  He is a good player and a great team member.  He works hard, and cheers on his team mates.  
And man, can he jump.
I love watching him play.

We went to the pizza place after for the whole "you played so you get a trophy" ceremony.  Adam was happy.  Tummies were full.  Hideous orange cupcakes with four inches of frosting were consumed.  Our booth was snug, so warm and cozy.  
It was perfect.

Fall brings endings on it's heals.  
Sometimes endings are a really good thing.  
Especially when the endings happen 
inside where it's dry.

(I hope to post some great soccer storm pictures 
as soon as I can figure out why Google is blocking my photo uploads.)

No comments: