Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome, Little One

 I am pleased to present

dear baby 
Anchor Rowan Leach

Born to super mom Robin and her side kick Nathan (holy role reversal, Batman!)
on August 14th.

Perfect from head to ten little toes.

I have held him THREE times.  You are jealous, I know.  Too bad.

He is so itty bitty (down to 7 pounds... her last baby was 10lbs 6oz)
and he makes those amazing squeaky baby sounds
that would make Scrooge smile.
He has so much hair he will be able to dress as Elvis for Halloween.

I am so proud of my friend, Robin.  
It is her story, so I won't tell it for her, but I will say that it was such a hard labor 
with many challenging moments (and one challenging nurse!),
but Robin managed to have a natural, un-medicated birth
even though she was on Pitocin, 
which, in case you didn't know, is like labor-on-steroids.  

She was brave and so strong and she listened to her body so well, she knew right when baby was about to be born even though it seemed to the rest of us like she had several more hours to go.  I feel so blessed that she asked me to come and help her.  When I got up that morning, I never imagined that my day would turn out like it did, but what an amazing day it was!

Mama and baby are doing BEAUTIFULLY
in every sense of the word.

No comments: