Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Monday, March 19, 2012

Leprechaun Trouble

 
 Last year Ellie set a leprechaun trap.  
She almost caught the little bugger.  I think we ticked him off.

This year he came back.  With friends.

The trouble started early in the day when it was discovered that not only was the toilet water green, 
so was the hand soap and the milk.

We realized we were in for it, though, when the dishes were all upside down in the cupboards, the DVDs were all turned around backwards on their shelves, and there were tiny muddy footprints all over the back patio.  It was clearly the work of two or three of the wee folk, and it looked to me like they had done a jig out there, just to rub it in.

There were stuffed animals that were dressed in people clothes, shamrocks on the mirror, and gold candy wrappers everywhere .  It was getting downright annoying by the time dinner rolled around.  Though we had set a newer and much better trap than last year -glitter encrusted and completely furnished- those Irish Scallywags only ate up the bait (gold wrapped Rolos, I can't blame them), slept in the bed, and left green pee in the teeny-tiny doll house toilet. 

Can you believe they even tried to steal the hamsters?  And they nearly got away with it, too.  It's just a good thing the rope they used to try to capture them with broke.  I don't know what they fed to those poor rodents, because I am telling you the truth that, as I snapped this picture, Nibbles pooped... green.  

 
(just in case you didn't believe me)

We tried to soothe those rascal spirits by playing some lively Irish music on ye 'ol Pandora Radio, and the heavenly smells of Guys magical corned-beef and cabbage with golden roasted potatoes should have fended them off as well, but Ooooohhhh, no.  They blew up my hand mixer with a big green flash of light, half way through whipping my green cream.  Have you ever tried to whip cream by hand?  It sure reduces the caloric impact come desert time, but it is quite a work out.  

We made Blarney Stones with piles of gold under each tiny rainbow, 
but at the end of the day, the only treasure I found....

Was in Jonah's diaper.  His green diaper.

 I certainly think I deserved more than eleven cents for my trouble.

Beware ye, Leprechauns.  
Ye have vexed me sore this year.  
Rest assured, I swear upon the grave of my good Irish grandmother, 
Mary Theresa Mooney, I'll be waitin' for ye next year.

No comments: