Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Friday, November 18, 2011

Previews and Excuses

I have spent every fraction of a spare moment in the studio for the past two weeks getting ready for my art sale.  There is or has been, in the last few days, clay on my knees, dye under my nails, and glaze in my hair.  Hence, my house is destroyed, my laundry is piled and my blog is sorely neglected (a lone coyote howls in the distance, crickets chirp...). 
I am panicked that I won't have enough to offer. 
I am unsettled that no one will want what I do have. 
I am freaked that I won't be ready in time. 

And you know what?  I won't. 
That's OK.
I am the only one with expectations.  Ridiculously high expectations.

At least there will be Guy's dreamy fudge.
And if it doesn't sell, I can EAT IT.  And I won't sneak into the garage to do it, either.  No, I will plop my tired butt down in the middle of my unsold wares and gorge myself until my eyes turn
Dark Chocolate and Roasted Pecan brown.

And, heck, whatever doesn't sell can go into my Etsy shop.  And then YOU can buy it!!!  (Oh, I can hear you now, wishing from afar that my sale does poorly so that you can have a fabulous selection. 
Shame on you!  If nothing sells at the sale I shall blame you, personally).
  (Where are you, anyway?  I will need your address so that I can come and  shake my finger at you.)

If you are nearby, please come. 
 I hear there will be fudge samples.



I will also be offering prints of my four temple paintings; Salt Lake, San Diego, Sacramento and Oakland.  For those of you who don't understand the fascination that "Mormons" (or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) have with temples, I can explain it simply.  In the same way people of many faiths look to symbols to remind them of their commitment to God, we look to our temples as a reminder of our devotion to God and our commitment to the promises we have made to Him.

2 comments:

CJ said...

Ooh! Yes please to the tall red glazed vase, with the blue speckles on the neck. Yup. That one has my name written all over it. Too bad I am in Utah.

rebekahmott said...

I am excited to come!!! With my short hair, I now where dangling earings, so I will be there to brows and purchues. Love ya!! Thanks for your hard work because I love to see everyones talent!