Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life in Kyburz

On the road to Tahoe there are lots of small towns.  There are even a few tiny towns, like the dip in the road called Strawberry, Population 10.  As we made our way up the winding mountain road, we happened upon Kyburz, population 81.  I like the "one" in that 81.  Ya gotta know when that kid was born there was a party.  It has to feel good to know that just by showing up, you increased the population by 1.25%. 

The only way, in fact that you know you have been to Kyburz is when you see the road sign on the town's only cafe.  A picture is worth at least 7 words...


Guy came home from work yesterday at about 1:00. 
By 1:30 he was off to take Adam to the church to practice
their piano /organ duet for this Sunday.  

Guy was in and out so fast that all I had left of him
was the hello-goodbye kiss
that still lingered on my lips
 (or was it the razor stubble-burn on my chin?) 

Some times I feel like I live in Kyburz.

No comments: