Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Twue Loves

Jonah, asleep in the loving arms of my Valentine, 
sporting the sweatshirt that his papa wore when he was a wee sprout. 
 No, I don't know where you can get one.  Try Gun's n' Ammo.

I used to get really worked up over things like holidays.  I would torture myself if I didn't have the perfect ___________ for so-and-so.

Today is Valentine's day.  For the past couple of years, Guy and I have exchanged fun $5 gifts, and usually make each other a card.  Alas, this year after our busy week, I find myself unprepared.  I told myself it would be ok because I could get something together while Guy was at work.  Oops, I forgot - Guy has the day off tomorrow.  We are going to the Social Security office to let the government know that we actually had a kid last year.  It will be so romantic.  We can sit in grimey plastic chairs, and between wipes of Jonah's green gooey nose and throwing Tessa and her horses a granola bar every 15 minutes, we can make goo-goo eyes at each other.
So hot.  Ooo, baby.

But when I think about last year, on bed rest for Valentine's, I clearly cannot complain!  I get to spend a whole day with my true loves. 

And the lady with the beard at window 7.  Awesome. 

No comments: