Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sesame Street and Sittin'

I remember watching Sesame Street as a kid.  Back then, Snuffleupagus was still imaginary.
Tessa discovered it today. 
And so did Jonah.

Jonah is the most media-aware baby I've ever had.  He watches the computer screen as I navagate around.  He focuses on my cell phone as I try to figure out how to text (my t#xt*ng l**ks lik# curs*ng).  I have never had a baby that will sit and watch a program with interest.  Tessa couldn't sit through a show till last year.  Part of it might be that I just don't turn on the TV during the day.  It bugs. 

Jonah was smitten by the colorful monsters on Sesame Street.  There are new ones now that I don't know the names to, Maria has had a face lift, and some young guy runs Mr. Hooper's store, but the format was familiar. 

So much has changed in the few short years since I became a mother (OK, so 13 isn't short, but it feels like it).  When Ethan was two he could use a VCR solo.  Tessa is from the DVD generation (give me VHS any day.  Yes, you have to rewind, but they never got scratched!).

I wonder what amazing technologies Jonah will see in his lifetime.

Some things never change, like sitting up in the bath for the first time...


Tessa says she's tired of TV. 
She wants to go make applesauce like the kids on Sesame Street. 
Jonah is, coincidentally, sucking on an Elmo toy.

We're gonna kick it old school now and read a book.  Jonah likes those, too.

Post Edit:

While reading to Tessa the phone rang.  She reached for it and said,
"Pause de stowy. Mama." 
What a tech-ie.
 

No comments: