Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A letter from Julean


Photo taken circa 1994. I was seven.

This is Julean. She is my sister-in-law, or my "sister-in-love" as a friend of mine calls it. On my birthday she paid a sweet tribute to me, as is her tradition, by writing a post about me and how we met on her blog (sadly it is a private blog, but I wish it were not because she is a gifted writer and an intuitive, inspired and inspiring person).

We met one day while on our missions in Costa Rica, when we lucked out being in the same place at the same time. I remember feeling that day like my heart had found a little piece of itself that I hadn't known was missing. Soon we would be made companions, and together we were a force to be reckoned with. We worked hard, laughed gobs, and had so many amazing experiences.

Back in the good ol' US of A, we learned that God had plopped us together in a mosquito-infested, third world country just so that she could meet and marry my brother. So that made us family, which is even better.

Oh, and she really gets along great with my hubby, which is even mucho mas mejor... um, that is "lots more better". Gotta love Spanish.

Here is a letter she sent to Guy the other day after reading about my b-day dinner:

Dear Guy,

You are a gem...for my next birthday, I have two wishes.

Number one, I wish you would come to my house and cook a mouth-watering masterpiece for me!!!

And number two, bring that delicious baby so I can nuzzle his cheeks and neck while you cook and in between bites of said culinary masterpiece, of course.

That's all I want. Those are my birthday wishes.

Thanking you in advance,

Julean
.

.
(She lives on the other coast, making this wish a little more challenging!)

1 comment:

julean said...

Thanks for this cute post.

I'm glad you liked my letter. It cracked me up to write it.

Miss you all!