Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's a...!!!!

Introducing...
.
Jonah Ryder Holman!

Born at home
Saturday, August 14, at 10:08 AM
.
He weighs a delicate 10 pounds, 2 ounces
(that is a 15 and a half inch melon there, folks!).
.
Because for some reason in our culture, the following information seems to be of interest, I can tell you he was 21 1/2 inches long, but for me the coolest stats are that he came out in 4 pushes and I didn't need any stitches, and 5 hours after the birth I had lost 22 pounds (if you think the baby was big, you should have seen the placenta!).
And to think my first was born by cesarean because I was "too small to push out a baby over 8 pounds".
.
But the best part is that he is here and safe and well.
We are so grateful and
so very blessed.
.
I have shed a thousand joyful (and a few hormonal) tears today.
Can you believe it?

He's here!
(and he's a he! That was a surprise...)
.
We will rest up a bit and tell you more about him soon!

Jonah, right out of the belly of the whale, with Daddy, Mama, and dear friend Francine.


8 comments:

Meteor magnets said...

Cngrats! We love you ALL! Welcome Jonah to your amazing family! I'm sure the Lord has told you all about them! :) We are so happy to see you here & doing well! Laine, I love you too! Congrats again! :) Can't wait to hug & kiss this sweet baby! Talk to you soon! Love ~Robin

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you all!

Bald n Beautiful said...

Wonderful. Congratulations!

keciathompson said...

I'm so so so proud of you! I can't wait to meet him! We did it, we really really did it! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your family and welcome, Jonah!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Jonah's arrival and on what sounds like a beautiful birth!

From LFCA.

Unknown said...

Jonah is beautiful!!! I love you Laine!!!! I don't know how you decided on Jonah, but I just looked up the meaning and it seems like the perfect name for this special little one.

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Found you on one of the Friday Follows. I'm your newest follower on your super awesome blog!

Congrats and mucho love to little Jonah.

KyAnn

http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com