Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Friday, August 6, 2010

The baby told me...


...that it won't be born until I have the pottery glazed. And the yogurt made. And the screen door mended.
.
The door is done and the yogurt is, um, ...yogurting.
.
The pottery, well, that may take a while longer (see the greenware on the shelves, and behind the girls? I need to get to work or this kid will find fifty more excuses not to be born!).

Oh, and in case you felt like asking:
.
No, I haven't had the baby yet.
.
No, it is not twins.
Yes, I am sure of that.
.
Yes, I am huge. Thanks for pointing that out, in case I missed it this morning when I spent 15 minutes trying to find a shirt that would cover my dome.
.
No, popping has never occurred to me, it sounds rather gross, but thanks tons for that visual.
.
No, (simply because you asked) I do not feel miserable.
I am grateful.

4 comments:

julean said...

It was wonderful talking to you today. I'm so glad we connected. I actually think you and your dome look quite beautiful. I wish we weren't so far away. Love you all very much.

Here's the link to my blog:
5boysnberry.blogspot.com

ruth said...

Laine, You have got to be one of the most beautiful pregnant women I've known. And I think you should take that last part of your blog, and put it on a t-shirt and just wear that for the next how ever long it takes you to finsih your pottery!

julean said...

I meant to tell you this on the phone... the YW here did a skit for girls' camp. They used the song 'Popular' and changed the words a bit to sing 'Spiritual.' I had that song in my head for more than a week. I'll have to tell you the new words, they're cute. I'm so glad you guys got to go see Wicked. (Really, I'm not jealous...not a bit.) I'll bet it was even better than I can imagine!

Anonymous said...

You look great! And so does the pottery. :)