Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Never Marry a Prince

I had a rough mommy day yesterday. Nothing big, just that whole cycle of clean-find-a-new-mess-clean, over and over. I got so wacka-doo that I pulled drawers out, reorganized cupboards and plowed through the 3 day laundry back up. I began a thorough scrub down of the kitchen, but I ain't no Cinderella - she had a fairy godmother to do the work for her. I was on my own.
.
And ol' Cindy finished before the ball. I didn't even get done before it was time to take the boys to scouts.
.
I ranted at whatever child would listen that
"I am not the maid!"
.
As we drove, Ellie and Tessa were playing an imaginary game in the back of the van. Ellie was Tinkerbell and Tess was Prince Eric, and they were getting married.
.
This is what I heard on the way home:
.
Ellie: "Well, we're not all the way married yet because we didn't get to dance."
.
Tessa: "Yah."
.
Ellie: "So when we get home we can finish dancing and then we will be all-the-way married."
.
Tessa: "Kay. When we is all da' way mawwied, den you could come help me clean my house."
.
Ellie: "Is it a mess?"
.
Tessa: "Big mess!"
.
In my mind there are two possible explanations for this conversation if I go by the assumption that the are learning these attitudes at home, neither of which is very savory.
.
Either:
1. my house is always so messy that it worked it's way into their game,
or
2. they have the impression that married life means you become the maid.
.
After a day like yesterday, I'm thinkin' it's a little of both. Good thing my Prince doesn't expect a spotless house at the end of the day. He did not, after all, marry Cinderella.
.
Besides, that chicky cheats.

4 comments:

VKT said...

Hi there. I found your blog through Friday Follow. If you are interested in becoming a follower of my blog, I will happily follow yours.

furygirl3132 said...

We all definitely have those days, I know I certainly do! I am a new follower from Friday Follow, so glad to have found your great blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

I know that cycle of clean-find even bigger mess too! I love your photo- what a pretty girl!
I am following your blog now.
I'd love it if you come by mine, it is
http://www.momswearyourtees.blogspot.com

cfoxes33 said...

Such a cute blog. Some day their princes will come and hopefully with a real maid.