Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Suddenly I See

.
The fog of early-pregnancy has lifted these past few weeks. Now, suddenly I see things I haven't noticed in months. Looking past the accumulation of papers, dust and sundry patches of domestic chaos that will surely require some serious nesting to resolve,
I see this:


The little face I wake up to in the mornings. Always there, usually cheery. We eat together and read together and snuggle a ton. Yum. I wonder if the baby coming will change things between us. Will Tess be jealous? Will I suddenly see her as a big girl? Is this the end of our precious time together?

Tessa's unicorn mama nursing her babies. Somehow Tess has this innate sense about the perfect nature of things (even though it's been a long time since she nursed). I love stumbling upon these scenes.

Sweet Robin coming often, "tending" my heart. This amazing woman, mother of three, stays faithful and strong through so many trials. Her littlest spends more time in a hospital emergency room in a month than most of us will in our lifetimes (read her blog here). Yet she comes to my house with lunch and cheer and lessons on how to deal with little girl hair.

Ellie learning to finger crochet. We now have about 65 feet of yarn chain around the house. I see so much of me in her, including projects run-amok.

FOOOOOOOOD.
It is becoming wonderful again, and I have begun cooking again. With an oven (no not the microwave). And recipes.
.

Though it might not seem like a big deal, making my sweetie a sandwich (instead of him taking care of me) felt so good. Un-cured Canadian bacon (that's ham to us, but so soft and moist) under a slab of Munster cheese, all roasted under the broiler till the cheese was bubbly, piled on sourdough. Spinach, tiny tomatoes, shredded carrot and thinly sliced fuji apples, a crumble of garlic herb feta and dab of mayo.
.
But wait...

Guy's Pasta Alfredo with broccoli and sun dried tomatoes, topped with Parmesan.
Garlic bread.
Boston cream pie.
Good friends.
Double yum.


Reaching 19 weeks, and celebrating!

The return of the sun. Warm evening light pouring through the windows, lighting up the dust bunnies on the floor. I love this little dust bunny.


Playing outside in the evening light.

(notice her necklace)

Thank you day light savings. My days are symbolical getting longer, but I can cope if there is light. With the weeks passing by successfully, there seems to be more light in my soul.


This week:
the boys had pink eye (I spared you the pictures!) but we cured it with warm honey water.
.

We had a date. Loved "The Blind Side".
.

We had late talks. Love my husband.
.

I managed to get caught up with the laundry, for one brief moment in time. The first time in two entire months that the kids don't have to go basket diving for socks.
.

I have actually done few dishes, cleaned out a few drawers and cupboards, and planted a few flower seeds.
.

I washed a window, and read to the 1st graders.
.

There are no clothes on my bedroom floor.
.
.

I am starting to make plans.
.

Tonight I tell Guy I have a goal to get the garage cleaned out "before the baby is born." It feels strange on my tongue, before the baby is born.
.

"Are you planning to make the baby live in the garage?" he teases.
.

It's sure nice to be out of the fog.

2 comments:

rebekahmott said...

I am soo very happy for you, It was nice to see the smile on your face and the fear out of your eyes today at church. Love ya

rebekahmott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.