Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Soul Sisters

Tessa, forever in love with mama's arm
.

Holding my hand in hers, she looks up at me with adoring eyes.

“Mama, when you will be a littol guwl again, I will pway wiff you.”

“I would love that! If I was a little girl right now, do you think we would be best friends?”

“No!”

(laughing as though I have somehow missed the obvious)

“we would be sistahs.”

.

Sometimes I wonder about the nature of our spirits. Is it possible that the enormous soul crammed into the tiny body of this little child may have perhaps come into existence before mine, or at the same moment in time? What if, in the eternal scheme of things, she is older and wiser than me? What if she precedes me by a million years, or a billion, and I am the little child? What if we two were paired, perfectly matched for what one could give the other?

One thing I do know, certainly she came here to be my teacher.

No comments: