Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pink Bathing Suit

I got Tessa a pink bathing suit this summer. She wasn't with me when I bought it, and I was worried she wouldn't like it. Ya' never know with a three year old.

She wore it for 9 consecutive days. She liked it, she knew it, and no talk of hygiene would change it. She calls it her "simming soup". I snuck it into the wash each time I gave her a bath, but she snaked it away as soon as it came out of the dryer. I talked her into wearing undies under it, and so we are cool.

A few years ago I would have fought it. I would have forced her to change, and woman handled her squirmy, screaming body until I had extracted her from her pink spandex/lycra and polyester second skin. I don't know if I got smart, or tired, or what, but I have learned it is a battle that ain't worth it.

I love that she has her own voice. I love that I am learning to hear it. I love that she feels so beautiful in her pink bathing suit. And really, as long as she wears a dress over it to church on Sunday, it's all good.

1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

How fun that she is so into something. It is good that you are able to let go and let her enjoy this for the season. Way to go MOM!